Temple Detox

Temple Detox
Courtesy of #dgdesignsphotography

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Cashew Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies (Gluten, Dairy, Soy and Sugar free)

This will be a brief post, my sister told me I've been making them too long! Just kidding Sis! In truth I'm tired and want to get a good nights sleep, but I was dying to share this delectable, charming little cookie. They were created in a moment of desperation. "How do I manage a girls night out at The Melting Pot without getting to indulge in chocolate fondue!?" As I posted earlier, preparation has been my key to success dealing with these dietary restrictions for my daughters sake so of course I made my own dessert for the evening. I thought peanut butter cookies would be great, but I decided to be adventurous and try using cashew butter instead (the jar had been sitting in my pantry untouched for a month!). So here you go, my new favorite cookie. They are delicious with chocolate chips, but they can certainly stand alone if you want to cut out the chocolate. Dare I say, they are even better than my previously posted gluten, dairy, soy free chocolate chip cookie? Try them out and let me know what you think...

Cashew Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 Egg
1/2 Cup Raw Honey
1/2 Cup Cashew Butter (or any nut butter of your choosing)
1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 1/4 cup Almond flour
1/2 cup Cococut flour
*Optional: 1/2 Bag of Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl beat egg and honey together until fluffy. Add in cashew butter, salt and baking soda. Mix until all ingredients are thoroughly combined. In a separate bowl, mix together the almond flour and coconut flour. Now slowly stir the flours into the wet ingredients. Let sit for a minute as the coconut flour absorbs the moisture. Stir a bit more and add in chocolate chips if desired. Bake for 10-12 minutes and prepare for some moist, fluffy deliciousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment